Noting that gay personnel were still
Aaron Sagers. Barbara Boxer introduced the Military Freedom Act, legislation to end the ban completely. Some felt that the policy needed to be withdrawn to make the military more inclusive. When the video of their conversation he posted on YouTube went viral , it made him, in one journalist's estimation, "the poster boy for the DADT repeal".
See who you know at Gay Ad Network, leverage your professional network, and get hired
- One original ambition—a federal law protecting gays from discrimination —remains elusive.
- In self-reports, for example, the frequency of solitary masturbation, which is a useful indicator of sexual interest insofar as it is not constrained by the availability of a partner, is generally higher among men than women Oliver and Hyde, , and this pattern appears among nonheterosexual as well as heterosexual individuals Laumann et al.
- May 12, Gerald , p.
- Using data from the General Social Survey, Turner and colleagues found that different racial groups did not differ in the extent to which they reported having engaged in same-sex sexual activity since age
- In their systematic review, Herbst and colleagues found that some of the risk factors that may contribute to the high infection rates among male-to-females include multiple sex partners who are male, casual sex, and sex while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Individuals may also have a specific attraction toward transgender persons Coan et al.
- However, when it was taught in their school, they said it was especially limited for LGBT youth.
Several lawsuits on behalf of same-sex military spouses had challenged the constitutionality of DOMA and statutes that define "spouse" and "surviving spouse" as "a person of the opposite sex" when determining eligibility for veterans benefits.
Administrators outed Alexis J. Using GSS data collected between and , Turner and colleagues found that the number of women who self-reported same-sex behavior was negatively correlated with birth cohort: younger women were significantly more likely to report such behavior.